It’s a New Year, ya’ll. And what better way to celebrate a milestone birthday or any birthday for that matter, by trying something new. Ditch the boring, tried and true birthday dinner party and celebrate with a fresh out-of-the-box celebration. I guarantee you and your guests will LOVE the change of pace! Curious as to why I’m so certain you’ll love the change of pace? Well, I’ve actually tried the ideas listed myself. Read below for some of my personal favorites.
1. Murder Mystery Dinner Show
Is it the husband, the wife, the maid? No, this isn’t an old episode of Sherlock Holmes. It’s an interactive dinner/play which allows your guests to interact with one another and the actors. Make your acting debut among friends at a real live whodunit experience. Oh and by the way, previous acting skills isn’t a requirement. Try it, I bet you’ll enjoy it.
Are you a die hard Yogi? Consider hosting a yoga party for you and a few guests and experience pure bliss and peace within the comfort of your own home or the nearest yoga studio. Be sure to set the mood by burning lavendar scented candles. Afterwards, serve cucumber and lemon water as a refreshment. Add an extra twist to the party and provide glow in the dark bracelets and glasses to your guests.
3. Comedy Club Party
Do you enjoy comedy and laughter as much as I do? If so, purchase tickets to the local comedy club and host your party there while being entertained by some of the funniest comics around.
4. Skydiving (NOTE: Not for the faint at heart)
Yep, that’s right, jump out of a plane to “Celebrate” your birthday. Gather a few friends (those who are daring, of course) and schedule a day of skydiving. Your skydive experience is sure to be a topic of discussion for years to come so be sure to hire a videographer to record the jump. And you’ll have evidence of your adventure.
5. Amusement Park – Not just for kids! Adults can enjoy the thrill of a roller coaster ride, as well. Choose a theme park of your preference and make a day of it.
6. Travel – Have you been dreaming of seeing the Eiffel Tower in person? What are you waiting for? Grab your passport and book that flight to Paris! The gift of an experience is the BEST gift you can give yourself. Traveling the world is priceless!
Hopefully this list gave you a few great options for a creative birthday celebration. If you choose one of the options for your next celebration, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear about your experience.
Now days most schools/colleges typically allot each graduate a small number of invitations to give out to attend the actual graduation ceremony. Most likely, there will only be room for the graduate’s immediate family. If so, these are the only people who should receive invitations. All other loved ones should receive a graduation announcement. However, the graduate can invite as many people as possible to his/her graduation party.
The invitation to the commencement exercise should be sent to guests six weeks in advance, especially if the invitees live out of town. Giving graduation invitations to local guests by hand is acceptable as well. The six-week time frame should also be used when inviting guests to a formal graduation party.
While it may be tempting to send out a mass-email, electronic invitations should only be sent to tech-savvy relatives and friends who would not be offended by an informal invitation. Remember to always remain respectful concerning the majority of your relatives and send a printed announcement. Graduations are an important milestone in someone’s life and deserve more than an e-mail.
Finally, it’s important to provide additional information in the graduation invitation, especially for guests who are not familiar with the city the graduation will be held in. Be sure to include the name of the venue and full address so guests can ‘map’ directions using GPS navigation. And if there is a specific dress code for the commencement exercise or graduation party, these instructions should be included, as well. If you are using an electronic invitation, be sure to include the information in the text.
So if you haven’t sent out invitations yet – time is running out. What are you waiting on?
What is a Vision Board?
A vision board is a visual representation of your goals and dreams. It consists of a collage of pictures, phrases and quotes that represent experiences and things you want to attract into your life. It helps define your goals, dreams and desires in your life. The images and words are glued onto a piece of poster board or cork board and placed somewhere you can see it on a regular basis. Visualization is powerful. Placing the Vision Board in a place where it can be seen daily, helps you remain focused. My vision board hangs in my bedroom and it serves as a constant reminder of my dreams and goals. Creating a vision board is simple and doesn’t require a great deal of creativity. Below are (3) easy steps:
3 Steps to Create a Vision Board:
1) Clip several pictures, phrases and quotes that symbolize what you want to attract into your life. It’s a great idea to create a focal point for the board and center a picture of an image that represents your intention. For example, I have a picture of me and my daughter in the center of my vision board. For me it represents unity and all the blessings I desire for both our lives.
2) Create a rough draft by placing the clippings (in no particular order) onto the poster board. Remember to leave some white space. This allows room to add additional images, if desired, at a later time. Plus the white space creates a serene look to the board.
3) Glue all clippings onto the board THAT moment. Waiting until later may result in the vision board never being completed.
*Remember, being ‘creative’ is not a requirement and there are NO rules to creating a Vision Board. Go with the Flow*
Finally…..Pray, have Faith and sit back and wait for your dreams to manifest!
- A poster board or Cork Board
- A Stack of magazines
- Pair of Scissors
- Colored Markers
- Glue stick (Poster board) or Thumbtacks & Pins (Corkboard)
- A Photo of yourself (Optional)
- Scrapbook Embellishments (Optional)
Hiring a wedding planner will minimize stress and ensure a worry-free wedding day. Below are (3) advantages to hiring a planner:
1. SAVES TIME AND MONEY – Planning a wedding requires a tremendous amount of time and can be extremely expensive. The average couple spends approximately 200 hours planning their special day. However, hiring a wedding planner, can save a great deal of time and money because planners are often able to negotiate discounts for their clients and handle all the time consuming details.
2. SERVES AS LIAISION – The average wedding has several different vendors. Combine that with the entire wedding party and all of the guests and that is a lot of people with questions and concerns. A wedding planner will manage the vendors and address any questions and concerns from family and friends. The planner will also handle any crisis that may arise.
3. CREATES SCHEDULES AND TIMELINES – A wedding planner will create schedules for each event leading up to the wedding day. She will also create a timeline for the bridal party. The planner will organize rehearsals and orchestrate all the events (i.e. cake tastings, dinner rehearsals) that occur before and during a wedding.
In a nutshell, a planner will ensure your wedding day is stress free!